We customize and produce every bible cover when it is ordered and our specialty is working with clients to personalize it.
This listing is especially for the artists out there who want to use their own designs and pick out or supply their own bible. Here are a few examples of bibles we have done using unique drawings or photographs. The more contrast, the better it will look in leather. Photographs need to have good contrast as well. We are happy to let you know if we can use your design, just send it to us in a jpeg format.
Whether you have an old worn Bible or want a new one covered, we can give you a custom Leather Cover that is permanently attached to the bible you provide and insures it lasting for generations to come. We can recommend online sources for bible purchases that you can ship to us and then we cover. We will individualize the leather cover with the scripture or quote of your choice and personalize it with your name if you like. Listed pricing is for the standard sized bibles. Large study bibles and family bibles are priced according to size. The large family bibles start at $185. Our standard spine includes 3 or 5 ribs, but plain is also available if requested. Please indicate words you would like for the spine such as Holy Bible, family name or wedding dates. These are all hand dyed and antiqued to show off the richness of the leather and design. The antiqued brown is our standard finish. This makes a very special wedding, graduation, baby or religious coming of age gift.
What to expect from Sonshine Leather.
1. You see us online and think you might like to have one of our covers.
2. You decide whether to recover a Bible you already have or to purchase a new one.
3. You drop us a note, through etsy or open a custom request dialogue
Just let us know which product and what design, if any, you have in mind,
we will respond and confirm that we can do the work and give you our ship-to address.
4. You ship, or order online and have shipped, to us the Bible of your choice.
(If buying new, please note the size of the Bible and the font size,
as you probably don't want to tote a Family Bible to church, etc.)
5. After we receive your Bible, your request is queued up to have a proof made.
The proof is a black and white rendition of the layout, which
we will fine tune to your specifications.
6. After review and any needed changes, you approve the proof, at which point....
7. We generate a custom order for you.
8. You pay for the order and we put it in the production queue.
9. You receive notification, with tracking, when your order ships.
We insure all shipments for full replacement value of a study Bible and custom leather cover.